FREE CAR INSURANCE QUOTES UTAH
Need to get Utah auto insurance? Here's how to get a cheap Utah auto insurance rate with a reliable company.
In order to drive your car in the state of Utah you need the following insurance coverage:
* $25,000 worth of bodily injury coverage per person for injuries you cause to others.
* $50,000 worth of bodily injury coverage for all injuries you cause.
* $15,000 worth of property damage coverage for damage you cause to the other person's car and property.
* PIP (personal injury protection) coverage to pay for your medical bills and lost wages, no matter who was at fault, when you're involved in an accident.
This is all the insurance you need to get yourself on the road. However, you may want to add the following insurance coverages to your policy:
Optional Auto Insurance Coverages
* Collision coverage pays for repairs to your car when you're involved in an accident no matter who was at fault.
* Comprehensive coverage pays for repairs to your car caused by vandalism, theft, fire, or storms.
* Uninsured motorist coverage pays for you and your family's medical bills plus repairs to your car and property caused by an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver.
How to Get Cheap Utah Auto Insurance
Because auto insurance rates can vary dramatically from one company to the next, the first thing you need to do to get a cheap rate is to compare rates from various companies.
If you go online to an insurance comparison website it will only take you a few minutes to get rate quotes from a number of companies. The best of these these websites even have insurance experts on call to answer all of your insurance questions. (See link below.)
In order to get the cheapest rate you can, increase your deductible (the amount you pay toward a claim before your insurer will pay) to the highest amount you can afford. Increasing it from $200 to $1,000 can save you up to half on your insurance premium.
Also, be sure to ask your insurer about the discounts you qualify for and include them in your policy. Some of these discounts include:
* Safe driver discounts for being accident free for three or more years.
* Safety and security discounts for having a car alarm, anti theft device, anti-lock brakes, and air bags.
* Senior discounts for drivers over the age of 55.
* Multiple policy discounts for placing your homeowners and auto insurance policies with the same company.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/814654